Saturday, May 15, 2010

The origin of Batpug

Many probably wonder why I do it, why I have dedicated my life to fighting crime. It’s not exactly the most practical, or some would say rational, career choice. Well, the seeds of Batpug were planted when I was just a pup. I had gone to the theater with my parents and the rest of my litter. It was late, almost midnight, when the show ended. We made our way through a dark alley, turning away from the crowd on the sidewalk to take a shortcut back to our home. I heard footsteps behind us, the unmistakable thud of human feet mixing with the dripping of water from a broken A/C unit. We turned to find a gun barrel mere inches from our concave faces. My innocence was forever lost that day, and I knew that I would do everything in my power to avenge not just that night’s crime, but every crime that sullied the streets of Gotham. And if I ever encounter the mugger who stole my family’s Milkbones that night, there will be hell to pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home