Sunday, May 09, 2010

Trouble at the asylum

The inmates at the local insane asylum rioted last night, taking several nurses and security guards hostage. The inmates – half of whom were criminal maniacs that I’d put away – said they’d only spare the hostages if I made an appearance. They gave me one hour to show up, or they’d start doing God-knows-what to their prisoners. I was there in 20 seconds.

My hackles stood on end as I walked the dark hallways. A few of the inmates – those not involved in the plot – were still in their cells, yelling unintelligible curses at me. I disarmed a couple of punks guarding the stairway and made my way to the second floor, where I encountered heavy resistance. The inmates were waiting for me, but that doesn’t mean they were in any way prepared. I cut through them like a knife through hot butter. Finally, I was face to face with the ringleader of the uprising, the criminal mastermind Scarecrow. I’d foiled one of his maniacal plots a couple of years before and dropped him off at the jailhouse, which ultimately led him to the asylum. I guess he held a grudge. The fact that I knocked him flat on his behind with my Bat Taser last night and then hogtied him probably wouldn’t help in that regard.

The Scarecrow had much the same idea as me when he adopted his costumed persona: To spread fear. But unless he was plotting to rob a flock of birds in a field, his efforts fell flat. If he only had a brain …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home